Monday, March 08, 2010

Weigh In (~)

I’ll summarise my weigh in from yesterday simply: no change since last weigh in.

While in itself that’s not a bad thing (better than an increase!) it’s not the progress I’m interested in.

I’ve been keeping track of whether I’m eating “clean” and I’m hitting about 75-80% clean, which isn’t enough! I had some success last year with the “Slim Fast” plan. Before you groan and list the reasons it’s bad, I know.
Restricting the calories that I consume by making a shake is a simple way to keep the calories down without having to count calories as such. But the Slim Fast shakes have a large amount of sugar in them. I don’t want to get my carbs from sugar, so I’m going to create my own meal replacement shake. At the moment it’s going to look a lot like my self-designed post-workout shake.
Post Workout I have a shake consisting of: 500ml semi-skimmed milk, ~55g protein powder, cocoa powder, green tea extract and guarana. The main difference that I plan to have with the meal replacement is to make them high fibre. To this end I intend to include some oats, and reduce the protein. I hope that it will be palatable!

I’m still going to have my 90% target, so I’ll keep recording what I’ve eaten (or in the case of MRS drunk) and allow myself 10% off plan. That should make it easier too. The other key thing I need to do is watch my snacks. I’m hoping to stick to fruit; I think snacks are one area that I fail in.

I’ll let you know how it works out for me. I really just need to kick start the weight loss, I don’t intend for the shakes to be a lifestyle.

No comments: