Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Not Dead!

Gosh, I've fallen off the diet-blogging wagon somewhat, haven't I?

Since I last posted I’ve been at the gym, and not, and I’ve moved house.




Moving house has not been helpful with the gym attendance. We now live out in the countryside, miles from the gym. Since we moved I think we’ve been a couple of times. It’s tough, and to be honest I don’t like going enough to make it easy!



Well, I haven’t forgotten my desire to be less fat (who could?) and as a result I have joined Slimming World instead.

I’m finding the plan easy enough to follow, and I love the free foods (which don’t need weighing!) – and a lot of the free food is stuff I really like eating anyway (like couscous or cottage cheese; the extra low fat variety anyway) so that’s pretty good.



I started going on 25th October, and between then and the 22nd November I had lost 6lbs. Rock on! Then I missed a week (theatre) and last week we were snowed off. Tonight is another weigh in (I’ll try to remember to update, especially if I make it to my half stone tonight!)



I think I’ll need to up my activity level, but I’m currently not sure in what way. Either we can try to get back to the gym (which, as I mentioned, is now a long way away), we join a different gym (which is feasible, but might be a bit crap), I go running again (not really feasible in the ice), I Wii fit some more (I don’t think that does much sadly, but hey) or something else.

The something else could be Zumba. My sister thinks it is amazing (and she got me into Slimming World too!) but I would need to find a class I can get to at a sensible time. And then it depends on what fiancé is doing – he already has to wait around in the city on knit-night, though I take myself to SW usually.

In any case I doubt I’ll do much until after Christmas, though the £80pcm we’re spending on the gym could come in handy. Even with a notice period!

No comments: