Monday, March 14, 2011

the benefits of 10% loss

Well, despite not feeling well, I went along to Slimming World last Wednesday. I only stayed for the weigh in, because of this darned head-cold. Nothing to do with the diet fortunately.

Anyway it turned out that I had lost 3lbs! Hooray! That brought me down to a lovely place. I've lost 10% of my original bodyweight. I'm told that losing just 10% of your bodyweight (if you are overweight or obese) is very good for you - it improves everything from skin condition to fertility! The former is certainly true, and while the latter is not something I wish to test right now, I feel a lot better in myself and sexier than I have in a long time.

I had a great shopping trip last week too. When I lost my stone, I rewarded myself with a pair of jeans that fit me. They were grey straight leg jeans from New Look in a size 14. Well, I've just bought the exact same jeans in a size 12 in the sale. I rock! I'm so pleased with myself! Now I'm looking forward to my next award, which will be 1.5 stones lost. After that the world is my oyster. Well, perhaps not, but it will be a great feeling.

We also went out for a bike ride on Saturday. It didn't go well, mostly due to the ill effects of the cold I still had. However, we made about a 3 mile round trip, and other than some saddle soreness I felt okay afterwards. I know I need to up the activity, it's my main problem now. I think I'd like to do something but I know it's not zumba! I enjoy swimming, but there's not many places to swim round here. I'll think of something I enjoy and can access!

No comments: