Monday, March 28, 2011

Sad - but with a plan

This weekend I was feeling very down about myself. While I put it partly down to wedding stress, there’s no hiding from it; I’ve adjusted to my new size and I loathe my body once more. Perhaps loathe is a little strong, but on Sunday morning that was how I felt.

We’ve got a nice little gym setup in the garage now, but for some reason I couldn’t face it. I don’t know why (though it not exactly being warm in there didn’t help!). So despite having my own Olympic bar (though FH has had more use out of it than I have!) I’ve not really been using it. The new setup does have some safety features which should mean I can do more with the bar without as much risk. Having seen a recent photo of me where I am less than impressed with how I look, I know I need to do something about my soft pudgy shoulders. Whether I can do anything of note in 4 weeks (yes people, it’s one month to the wedding), is another question, but if I don’t try how will I know.

Anyway, on Sunday I finally bucked myself up enough to have 20 minutes on DDR 3 on the Wii. It allows you to set an amount of time you want to dance for, and then you’re away. It accused me of being heavier than last time I played, which might be all the layers of clothes I was wearing! I do enjoy DDR, so it’s a good way for me to get some cardio in! I also did about 10 minutes on the Wii Fit, which though short was fun again. I need to do more of the strength exercises!

Well, I have a sort-of-plan too. I know I need to do more stuff in order to get my weight down, I’ve shown I can lose with just diet, but doing some exercise should really help. So, here it is:

Mondays – nothing, this is knit-night
Tuesdays – we go shopping, so 2x8 shoulder press, tricep curl, pushup (if I can), crunch, plank (2x30s)
Wednesday – is slimming world night, so probably nothing
Thursday – DDR x 20mins, weights as per Tuesday
Friday – WiiFit x 20mins on the strength/yoga moves
Saturday – weights as per Tuesday
Sunday – DDR x 20mins, WiiFit x 20mins

Do you think I can stick to that? Is it realistic to expect to do some kind of activity when I get home from work every night, before dinner? Should I look to do some of it in the mornings before work?

I’ll let you know.

Currently 3lbs more required to have lost 1.5 stone.

No comments: