Sunday, January 18, 2009

Workout B, and the perils of hunger

Yes, we did workout B on Saturday, the first day I could move all of my limbs without them aching badly. (how in need of a workout was I?)

Either I didn't work out as hard as I could have, or my body was more ready for it, but today I don't ache so much.



Workout on Saturday was mostly bodyweight exercises. I did step-ups with two 10kg dumbbells and superset that with chest presses. I used 6kg each hand for that. I could probably have done more.

Then we did hip extensions, one-arm-raised push-ups, plank and something which I've been calling superman. Follow all this with a 22 minute intervals session, and you're done.



I felt pretty good afterwards, though the changing rooms were packed. I hate that. I don't mind having to share a changing area, but when you're pushed for space to stand, never mind put your bag, it just ends the session on a low.



Then I had steak for lunch. Yummy, but probably not aiding in the weight-loss. Hmm. And we bought cake.

Had the usual roast chicken and veg today though, and leftovers in home-baked bread for lunch tomorrow. Then we have Venison Stew for dinner tomorrow (I cooked it tonight while the oven was on for the roast) which should last two days I think.



Hopefully I'll get a good night's sleep tonight, which will leave me all raring to go for another session at the gym tomorrow night.

I have found that doing the same workout as OH (though with different weights) is really quite motivating, it makes it almost fun. Actually, the weights part is fun anyway.



My boss commented that he doesn't think that muscular women are very attractive. Now, while I don't want to look like the lady on this page I don't think that muscular women are not attractive. You can go too far.

Too far, that would require an obsessive personality, right?

No comments: